Kirk Kerkorian's Tracinda Corp. wants to purchase a nearly 5 percent stake in General Motors for about $870 million that would boost his stake to almost 9 percent. The news shot GM's shares 9 percent higher in stock trading. You should know Kerkorian's name because he sued DaimlerChrysler saying he was duped into believing in the "merger of equals". GM has had no comment and Tracinda says the purchase is for "investment purposes only." Someone either believes in GM or is setting up for a future move.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models