There's something unsettling about the new 2006 Ford Explorer nose as captured in these spy shots and it has nothing to do with the chrome. The squared off grills and little round extension in the headlights (as previewed on the Sport Trac concepts) just doesn't look right. We need to see official pictures and one in person, but these pictures just don't show the refresh in a good light. This little picture makes it look like a Crown Vic. On the power front, the Explorer will get the 4.6 from the Mustang as an optional engine. The Mercury Mountaineer looks better.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies