If there is one major public relations lesson that General Motors needs to learn it is "timing is everything" and poor Pontiac is getting the brunt of the bad press. First the Oprah stunt had housewives desperate to find one at a dealer, especially since the lower-priced 4-cylinder model wouldn't be ready until 2006. Then the Solstice gets a big push on The Apprentice and weeks later GM announces the convertible wouldn't be at dealerships en-force until September, five months after the PR push. GM has put together a task force to ensure that their marketing is tanned, rested and ready for primetime. Some common sense would always help. Who besides us car-nuts really knew Harley Earl's legacy?
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies