Disappointing sales for the all-new Dakota and the Ram pickup trucks has forced Chrysler to idle the Warren Truck plant for two weeks in May and June. Word is the plant will also shut down for two more weeks at the end of June into July. Chrysler has 105 days' supply of the new Dakota, not a good sign for a brand new pickup. Sales of the Dakota are down 1.7 percent this year. The Ram is getting the same "fuel-price" backlash that many full-size trucks are currently dealing with.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models