This is something that shocked us… the UAW still allows workers to smoke cigarettes on the automotive assembly lines. What? To be fair, only some plants allow it while working while others allow cigarettes in break areas on the floor or in separate break areas. It's all according on how hard the union fought for the smoking right during contract negotiations. We won't even go into the healthcare issue that American automakers are fighting. The best line of the story, said by an autoworker that smokes, "With all the chemicals around this place, it's stupid to worry about it."
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models