GM has rolled the last truck off the Linden, NJ assembly plant, a white Chevy Blazer. This is more of an emotional story for me since I reside less than 15 miles from the plant. On that stretch of Route 1, Ford and GM plants were a part of the industry landscape. Ford closed their Edison plant that built the Ford Ranger and Mazda B pickup trucks early this year. The Linden plant built the S-10 Blazer and the S-15 Jimmy. Once the trucks were replaced by the Trailblazer/Envoy, the sales of the old models slowed to two-door Xtreme models, fleet and some Canadian sales. The Linden plant was the last auto assembly plant in New Jersey.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models