It looks like it is over for Rover. The British Secretary of State for Trade & Industry Patricia Hewitt said that the Chinese automaker SAIC is "not willing to acquire either the whole or parts of the MG Rover or Powertrain business… nor are they willing to establish a UK joint venture." Reports say that "redundancies" (a dehumanizing UK term for losing your job) will be handed out this afternoon. We hate to see any automaker go.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies