Two revelations come from this story. First, Pontiac plans on racing the Solstice in SCCA Showroom Stock B-Class and the Grand Am Cup ST-Class. Secondly, Pontiac wants to race a car with a roof, hence the prediction of the '07 Solstice GT Coupe. We have seen spy photos of the Solstice sporting a removable hardtop but Ward's Auto World is reporting that a coupe is coming after talking to Mark Reuss, executive director of GM's Performance Division.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies