We don't get it, maybe you will. GM is starting a pilot lease program that will allow consumers to return a leased Cobalt, G6 or LaCrosse with no further obligation before the cars are driven 12,000 miles. There will be a $1,500 down payment made in cash or trade would be forfeited. The program will only be run in California, Atlanta, Boston, Providence, Baltimore and Washington DC. So is offering buyers a 12,000 test-drive going to boost sales? If the program proves successful, GM may consider widening the offer to other areas. If the poll on TheDetroitNews.com is any indication, almost 71% that responded said that the program would not make them more likely to lease one.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video