Chrysler Group has confirmed there will be a second-generation of the PT Cruiser, defying anyone who said it was impossible to progress the retro-theme. A slightly revised PT should be in dealers for the 2006 model year, but will be due for a complete makeover for 2008. George Murphy, Chrysler's marketing chief, confirmed that the PT Cruiser would live on after the current car is retired. PT Cruiser sales have dropped from 115,955 sales in 2004 since peaking in 2001 at 144,717 units.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies