A running joke in the aftermarket world is adding vinyl stickers must boost horsepower, why else would you do it. Automakers don't buy it. 3M closed a division of their company that makes decals and other graphics for cars and trucks as the auto industry moves away from using decals. 200 workers have been affected by the closing. Manufacturer's branding has moved to almost jewelry quality in recent years. A vinyl decal doesn't provoke a feeling of quality, but to some it just might be the difference between winning and losing the race. We don't think the aftermarket business will lose the love of the sticker.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies