International Speedway Corporation announced their first quarter results allowing employees to sleep soundly at night on a big pile of money. ISC operates 11 major motorsports facilities, including Daytona, Talladega, MIS, California Speedway, Kansas Speedway, PIR, Homestead, Martinsville, Darlington and Watkins Glen. ISC total revenues were up almost $50 million. It really hits home when watching the Nextel Cup race from Bristol (to clarify, Bristol is not owned by ISC, I am just using it as an example of NASCAR's explosion). In 1985 Bristol sat about 20,000 spectators. In 1995 about 70,000, and in 2005, 160,000 fans can fill the track with more grandstands being built to be ready for the next race.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies