The fact that you had to plug in a purely electric car was a bad thing, but for a crop of Prius hackers it brings 20 -140 mpg increase in the hybrid's gas saving abilities. People have been adding more advanced battery packs, or even more batteries and a plug, which allows the Prius to travel longer on pure electric power. Toyota doesn't like owners that are hacking their Prius' and says that it's a ploy by the electric utilities to sell more electricity. Thank goodness Toyota isn't using the hybrid for their own corporate good and make money.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies