Many United Auto Workers parking lots have always been segregated, one lot for union made vehicles and one for non-union made vehicles. When the UAW agreed to let Marine reservists park in their lot, they made two provisions: no foreign cars or pro-President Bush bumper stickers. The issue created such a backlash that the UAW president has backpedaled and has welcomed all Marines in the lot, no matter who built the cars. The Marines have turned down the offer and will park elsewhere. There are so many arguments in the making here, all stemming from the question: Unions, are they antiquated in today's day and age? Are they still viable?
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models