Because this story is from an Aspen paper, it talks about that town possibly receiving a few Volvo XC90 SUVs for their police fleet. However, the article states Volvo is already working on a deal to provide Vail with 60 vehicles, including its police force. It seems the two ski towns are a great target market for Volvo to offer such grass roots marketing. Oh and Aspen wants the XC90s because they are emissions friendly. They'd prefer hybrids, but don't think the current batch available would be sufficient for police work. Sorry to burst your fancy bubble Aspen, but isn't the Ford Escape used regularly by police? The hybrid version of that SUV sounds like a smart option.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models