Ha. Like the fat cat government and Auto CEOs and lobbyists will let this happen with CAFE regulations like they are. The AAA has put their support to the "Fuel Efficiency Truth-in-Advertising Act of 2005" that would require the EPA to update the way miles per gallon testing is performed. The current tests were established in the 1970s. We as consumers can't help but be behind revision of the test to make it more accurate but we know some powerful companies that use the EPA to help pad fleet-wide averages and would be slightly miffed if economy numbers go down 10-15 percent. The answer to those companies – try harder.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies