BusinessWeek delves into the technology behind the new BMW 3 Series and even has a Q&A with Electronics chief Ulrich Heiden. The new 3 has a very advanced Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) system, dries brakes when it rains, magically keeps a manual transmission car from rolling backward when accelerating from stop on an incline, and even prepares to brake the second the foot leaves the gas pedal. All of this is in the name of technological advancement. Of course the new steering set-up is what has most critics railing these days and overlooking these impressive innovations.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video