According to Reuters the world's automakers spent far more on advertising last year than any other industry. GM's spending alone increased 19.2 percent to $2.58 billion. We wonder how much of that was blown on the Guy Richie Corvette ad that never aired? Daimler Chrysler upped the ante even more by raising its ad spending 34.6 percent but only to $1.8 billion and Ford Motor was no slouch with an increase of 18 percent accounting for $1.55 billion. And while the car guys ruled overall, the biggest single spender was Procter & Gamble. And let's not forget SBC with $1.3 billion in ad spending. How much of that is spent on those ridiculously annoying Eric Clapton commercials? Stop playing them every five seconds!
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models