Leave it to European automaker Skoda to bring us a friendlier SUV. In their press release announcing the new Yeti, a small SUV that is most likely based on the same platform as the new VW Golf, the company said "The Yeti is perceived as a positive, friendly object representing an enjoyable contrast between the other common off-road vehicles and sports utility vehicles." Well we like it, especially all the glass. Visibility should be terrific and if something similar came from say, VW, and arrived in the U.S. maybe the Ford Escape and Honda CR-V would have some more competition. Skoda seems to be doing pretty well for itself lately. The company doubled its profits in 2004.
Skoda to offer Yeti concept at Geneva
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models