A Swedish newspaper reported that GM contacted several Chinese makers and Renault and Nissan about the sale of the money-losing Saab. GM said the report was "preposterous" and the amount of time and money the GM has put into Saab leads to that summation. The Saab plant in Sweden will be utilized for the new BLS Cadillac sedan, the GM/Fuji alliance is responsible for the 9-2x and the upcoming 9-6x and there is plenty of part sharing in the 9-3. Companies have done stranger things after investing money (like paying $2 billion to get rid of it) and I bet some Saab purists would like the brand out of GM hands.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models