Rumors have been rampant the last few weeks that Sauber would be ending it's engine partnership with Ferrari after the 2005 season. However, the big question was, who would be supplying the Swiss team with engines from 2006 onward. Peter Sauber has long been rumored to be courting Volkswagen for a supply of engines, which would likely carry an Audi badge, to bring the German manufacturer to compete with rivals Mercedes-Benz and BMW on motorsports grandest stage. But today, BMW.WilliamsF1 boss Frank Williams, confirmed that BMW would be supplying Sauber with customer engines starting in 2006. This is a reversal for BMW, who has long said that supplying a second team in F1 was not economically feasible.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models