It's sad but true: during the first two seasons of Miami Vice, Detective Sonny Crockett's Ferrari Daytona Spider was actually a replica based on a 1980 Chevrolet Corvette. Now that the series has been released on DVD, you can spend many productive hours playing "That's not a real Ferrari!" with ZAQ178 (clue: check out the interior). We reckon Miami Vice jumped the shark in the middle of the third season, when producers caved to pressure from Ferrari of NA and put Crockett and partner Tubbs into a decidedly less Miami-friendly hardtop Testarossa. At least the show's producers had the good grace to let a bad guy blow-up the Daytona replica with a Stinger missle.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models