Chrysler used to be the money loser and Mercedes helped with the bottom line. My have times changed. Overall DaimlerChrysler fourth-quarter net profit fell 63 percent to $712 million. Mercedes has been battling quality problems and poor dollar-to-euro value which has eroded profits. Chrysler Group more than doubled its fourth-quarter contribution to $523 million. DCX's CEO Juergen Schrempp is preparing plans to cut costs which will most likely include changes to Smart, but nothing has been announced.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models