More information is coming to us from Chicago about Malcolm Bricklin's newest venture. Beginning in 2007 (all this is tentative, Bricklin's last venture was supposed to be in the U.S. three years ago and never happened) 250 dealers will start selling the Chinese-built Chery cars with their lowest priced model starting at $6,900. Sales goals are lofty for an unknown in the States; 250,000 units in the first year and 1 million in four years. Someone should tell Bricklin that the world is quite different than it was when he unleashed the Yugo on us. Cars are built so reliable today that many people would rather get into a two-year-old off-lease Corolla or Civic than take a chance on Chery.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models