Gender equality is so pervasive in today's modern workplace that many often forget that there are still industries out there that maintain a boys club attitude. That's why this story on a rise in female car dealers is such an interesting one. Since 1990 the percent of female dealership owners rose from 2.9 to 7 percent in 2004. Of course the story throws out our favorite statistic that women act alone or take part in approximately 80 percent of all car purchases. So why aren't they the ones selling the cars? Now it seems more are. In a show of the importance on women owners, GM launched a "women's retail initiative" to add more women owners to their dealership ranks.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video