Isuzu was working on an all new SUV to compliment their only current offering, the Ascender but in a press release today from the NADA convention, said SUV has been dropped due to cost constraints. Isuzu will bring the North American market a version of the Colorado/Canyon twins (now triplets) called the i-280 and i-350, obviously because one uses the 2.8 liter 4-banger and the other the 3.5 liter I-5 engine, both as seen in the Chevy/GMC. So Isuzu becomes the official truck manufacturer where you could get a Chevy Trailblazer and Colorado (complete with "rare" Isuzu badges) with a better 7-year/75,000 mile powertrain warranty than Chevy could offer. Makes me wonder while Isuzu Motors America is still kicking.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies