When I look at what some cars sold for at this week's Barrett-Jackson auction it just blows my mind. The Harley Earl F-88 (Olds' Corvette) one-off concept went for over three mill. Here's some other shockers: 1953 Corvette $594,000 (with only 3 miles on the speedo), the matching 2003 Corvette $297,000 (VIN# matches the '53), 1970 Hemi Superbird $307,800, and a FAKE '71 Hemi Challenger went for $101,520. A faker! There's just too much money in classic cars anymore. I guess there are a lot of rich baby-boomers that want their youth back.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video