Toyota is eyeing the lucrative heavy-duty truck market owned by Ford, GM and Chrysler. The decision has not been made yet. Toyota can add another line in their new San Antonio truck plant to supply the U.S. market with a heavy-duty version of its Tundra truck, including a diesel model. Toyota knows that the HD market is very brand loyal and their could be huge logistics problems with Toyota dealers not ready to sell models that could be available in 30+ different layouts with multiple cab, bed and engine sizes. I'm still waiting to see if the new Tundra (concept picture shown) can out shine the F-150 before I make a decision if an HD truck would be a viable market for them.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies