David Kiley does an excellent job at painting the bleak road ahead for VW in their attempt at turning the company around with new yet uninspiring models. The company will rely on a new advertising campaign to spur interest in the Jetta, Passat, GTI and Golf to overcome increased customer complaints and lower sales. The article also points to the company's deal with NBC Universal as a "mainstream" move for a brand with a counter culture following. But while the iPod generation may still be driving a VW it remains to be seen if they'll buy a new one.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models