I would like some feedback from any RX-8 owners out there. AutoWeek's long-term RX-8 is not only gas thirsty (averaging 13 mpg) but oil thirsty too (8 quarts of oil in 18,000 miles). Does this happen to all the rotary engines? I understand the weight loss with the Renesis, and that people do like to rev the engine up high, but is it worth it if every time you fill up the tank (which is often) you have to check the oil? Would you trade the weight loss for a more powerful (and much more torquey) V-6 option? I know that would lose the RX mystique to some, but these trade offs seem a little impractical. Just looking for an opinion from those that live with the RX everyday.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX