Jason Stein reports over on Automotive News that GM CEO Rick Wagoner said the company "probably overproduced" the Chevrolet SSR and Pontiac GTO in 2004 and they're not going to make that mistake again. He's referencing the amount of new Pontiac Solstices and Saturn Skys GM will build in 2005 but we wonder if the reaction might be incorrect. They should definitely reduce the numbers of the expensive SSR and GTO in 2005, but the less expensive, highly anticipated Kappas could sell much better. Just from the anticipation of our readers it seems the lines for the Solstice and Sky could be much longer than the ones for the failed muscle machines.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models