I was going through some pictures this morning and happened across this 1948 Tucker reproduction. These guys live by me in NJ and brought the car out to one of the car shows at Raceway Park. This car is a faithful reproduction of the original Tucker from the cyclops turning headlight to the six tailpipes. Ida Automotive measured every square inch of Tucker number 51, the last one ever built, to assure that this reproduction was perfect. Even the engine is mounted in the rear, but this time it's powered by a 300 hp Northstar V-8 swiped from Cadillac. This car in person was amazing. The care and detail that went into this was truly world-class. Their site gives a history of the reproduction and has some great shots of the car. Oh, and you can buy one, but I know they're not cheap.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX