According to the New York Times (and we all know how shoddy their reporting is) Volkswagen plans to announce that it signed a long-term deal with NBC to provide product placement and promotions for their shows. It seems the influence of TiVo is really affecting advertising. The reportedly $200 million three to five year deal means VW will get their vehicles in NBC TV shows including their cable channels like Bravo, SciFi and USA and Universal movies. The move follows Ford's new Hollywood office. At least one person in the story sees a "tipping point" for product placement where we'll all be annoyed that our favorite fictitious characters are trying to sell us real world products. James Bond is one thing but who wants Scrubs' favorite doctor to trade in his scooter for a Jetta?
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies