Okay, I apologize it's not Paris Hilton in her Bentley, or Jessica Simpson in her upcoming Dukes of Hazzard role. It's Paul Newman, who is still a badass, and racing cars at the age of 79. Newman had the Daytona Prototype he was piloting for next month's Rolex 24 catch fire after a spin. Newman was unharmed in the fire. In case you're wondering, Paul Newman is not just some rich celebrity who races because he has money (although I'm sure that helps), he's actually quite good at it, having won the GTS class at the 1995 Rolex 24, as well as several SCCA championships. Newman is also part owner of Newman-Haas Racing, which competes in the ChampCar World Series. Again, at 79 years-old he's a bigger badass than most of us will ever be.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies