The BMW Group states their sales for 2004 set a record. And even though it includes both BMW and MINI in the total, both brands set their own high marks as well. The total for 2004 was 296,111 vehicles, up seven percent from 276,869 last year. December sales were way up too, 18 percent to be exact to set a monthly record. Now the real numbers lie in the breakdown. BMW car sales were actually down 17 percent while their SUV sales were up 38 percent. MINI sales were also up slightly. Slightly meaning 22 more cars were sold this year over last, 36,032 and 36,010 respectively. Who said 2004 was the year of the car?
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies