Hold on to your hats folks but the next generation Land Rover Freelander is expected to ride on the same platform as the Mazda 3, Volvo S40 and European Ford Focus. This new for 2007 design will feature all-wheel drive and off-road suspension. The new Freelander could also share development costs with sibling Volvo for a small Swedish SUV possibly named XC50. The powerplants don't seem so exciting though and could come from the Mazda's 150-horsepower four-cylinder and Ford's 2.5L and 3.2 L V6s. Expect to see an early look at Paris in 2005 or Detroit in 2006. I'm not sure what to think of the platform sharing here but if it can keep costs down Americans may finally be interested in the Freelander.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models