It dates back to the 50's. It's built in Romania. It will be at a dealer somewhat near you. The EPA has given Cross Lander and their 244X old-school SUV the green light to sell in the USA starting in June. The US versions of the Cross Landers, if the Romanian company can stay afloat long enough to build them, will be powered by a Ford 4 liter V-6 built in Germany. There are 140 dealers signed up to start peddling the $20,000 (base price) trucks. "Cross Lander's (244X) is designed clearly for those drivers who want to take their vehicles off-road and not worry about keeping them pretty," says General Manager Bill Goetze. He's got one thing right, no one will worry about thinking they are pretty.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video