In a promotion to gain awareness of their new V line of tuned cars, Cadillac is running a slew of five second ads during the NFL playoffs and Super Bowl. GM better watch out though because even this story in USA Today brings out the safety folks that pulled the Corvette ad from the Olympics. "They are speed demons," says Joan Claybrook, president of Public Citizen, "These companies think they have to advertise speed to sell vehicles. Middle-aged people don't need it, and younger people can't afford these cars." Hey Joan, two words: Lighten Up. Good for Cadillac to try something new. If Joan thinks this is the first time someone has advertised 0-60 times she's insane.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video