Remember back not too long ago, when 200hp was A LOT of horsepower? Dave Matthias, of The Truth About Cars, does, and he has written a great editorial comparing the modern sportscar template with those of years past. In the process he questions why the modern sportscar has gone 'horsepower mad' and why many now tip the scales in excess of 2-tons. Matthias' article will no doubt spark some great, if not heated, debate, as he basically makes the case that the Ferrari Dino 246GT is a 'proper' sportscar, and that the auto industry should create small, lightweight, moderatly powerful sportscars if they want to create more successful sportscars. If anything, at least he has good taste in his ideal sportscar…
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies