As if the SVT brand needed more press on their inactivity, John Coletti, who was the director of SVT and helped bring to light the SVT Cobra and Lightning, will be retiring. All at a time when there will be no new SVT models on Ford's lot until MY 2007. While SVT is in neutral, Colleti thought it would be the best time to go. Ford is preparing the return of the SVT Mustang but that is nearly two years away. The Lightning is on hiatus until the Mustang is introduced, which means any successor to the SVT Focus is a long way off. With so many other automakers beefing up their internal performance offerings, one can't help but wonder what Ford is doing.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video