For all of us who need a good laugh on a Friday afternoon: A 78-year-old man traveling on an 80 mph highway in France caused a traffic accident when he listened to his GPS system's directions to "make a U-turn immediately." The man was only looking for a hotel after all and must have really thought the GPS knew its stuff. More surprising are the local police who say this isn't the first time a GPS system has caused a driver to go bad. Although most of us would argue the GPS really can't be at fault.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video