Mercedes Benz's Smart division sales are growing but so are its losses. Guesses are the Smart brand cost $1 billion initially and has lost more than $2 billion since 1998. This report, released by DCX's CFO, raised questions about the staying power of the brand as they are preparing dealers for the launch of the ForMore in the United States. The new head of the Smart division, Ulrich Walker, tried to put out the flames. "(I)ts existence is not in question." Smart is expected to sell over 160,000 cars world-wide this year.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies