Speculation about Porsche potentially using a Toyota based hybrid powerplant in their Cayenne SUV was leaked a few weeks ago. Now Reuters is reporting the two companies have indeed contacted each other about potentially licensing Toyota's technology to the German sports car maker. The hybrid would most likely be used in the Cayenne SUV, a bastardization on top of a bastardization to many Porsche purists. It could just be Porsche trying to keep up with the Joneses, or Lexuses, as the powerplant could be similar to the one being used in the upcoming Lexus RX400H. But with more power of course. It is Porsche after all.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video