USA Today is reporting that automakers like Ford might find it hard in the next few years to find the expensive battery packs required to fuel hybrid cars like the new Escape. The expensive power packs are currently supplied by only three major companies: Panasonic, Sanyo and Cobasys. The automakers are blaming the suppliers for not being able to boost production fast enough but of course no one really foresaw the popularity of hybrids either. Just another reason you might end up waiting for a new hybrid.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies