In a last gasp of trying to remain relevant Isuzu will only carry the Ascender SUV until a new mid-size SUV is ready for the 2007 model year. Astonishingly in October Isuzu's 360 U.S. dealerships sold 692 Ascenders. That's less than two per location. AutoWeek also points out that Isuzu thinks they can survive because they have a lot of vehicles in service. Huh? They can survive on maintenance? That doesn't seem like a sound business plan to me. Otherwise the company will plan everything they've got around the Ascender since the Rodeo is finally dead. I don't see this working out but maybe that's just me.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies