You know a fad has reached a critical junction when it hits the pages of the New York Times. Phil Patton writes inexplicably about the world of tuner cars, how it inspired movies and TV shows…yawn. Heard this all before? I'm used to seeing these stories all over the net. They usually pop up in regional newspapers in towns far a field of current trendsetters. But the New York Times? This seems a bit of a lame recap for the year 2004. But it is funny to hear Mr. Patton talking about pimping out his Passat. He even got some alternative digital versions of it rendered. How about that Passat Baja hybrid? My eyes are hurting.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video