Well, not really the trunk, but STS Turbo Systems has brought to market a remote-mounted turbo that actually is placed where the muffler should be. Skeptical? So were the guys at PopularHotRodding.com until they installed one in a 2002 Camaro SS and took it to the dyno. The Camaro gained 150 rear wheel horsepower (463hp and 511 lbs/ft) at the standard 5 psi of boost. The system can be dialed to 7 psi, as long as a methanol injection system is also installed. PHR has the entire installation documented. Now I'm itching for one for my LT1 Z28…
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies