As the hybrid revolution goes full steam, some suppliers are being caught off guard. AutoWeek/Autonews reports that Sanyo, the company responsible for the battery packs in the 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid, has reached capacity at 20,000 units. Ford is expecting a deluge of sales for the Escape and also must prepare for hybrid versions of the Mariner and Fusion ramp up in 2007. Sanyo will either have to expand their plant or build a new one to meet Ford's needs.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies