When I saw this story about what lengths VW is going through to sell their luxury Phaeton I was not surprised. Actually I was a little shocked that they hadn't tried this sooner. Through September only 1,128 Phaeton's were sold in the U.S. VW was hoping for 5,000. The company also sent out offers for a 48 hour test drive to owners of other luxury brands like BMW and Jaguar. One dealer was just happy to get rid of a 12-cylinder Phaeton after it languished in his showroom for eight, yes eight, months. I "boldly" predict the Phaeton will not make it back for another go after 2005. If it does come back I'd bet on seeing a lower priced version.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models