The Columbia Daily Herald, in Columbia, Tennessee reports that the Saturn Ion plant began a two-week shutdown on Monday. This will allow for a reduction in inventory as far too many Ions sit on dealership lots. Production of Saturn SUVs will continue at the plant. This follows a September reduction in Ion shifts from three to two. The company is offering lots of rebates but it seems no one's buying. I forget which readers mentioned these plans but ideas to make Saturn, GM's green brand or just the American version of Opel sound like a way to go.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies